The 16th October marked Restart a Heart Day, a European-wide day aimed at teaching members of the public how to perform life-saving CPR skills.
To highlight this, St Helens Council’s LOCAL Leaders Programme is offering a series of FREE workshops throughout November exclusively for volunteers and community group contacts which will include emergency first aid within the workplace, and first aid awareness training.
By taking part in the Emergency First Aid at Work course, not only will you
gain essential life changing skills, you will also become qualified as a
result of undertaking a practical assessment – while the First Aid
Awareness course teaches you a basic understanding of first aid, including what action to take in an emergency, CPR, and treating an unconscious person.
Full list of opportunities this November include:
· Dementia Awareness – Friday 6 November, 10:30am – 12pm at Newton Community Centre
Understanding the personal impact of dementia, and what you can do to help.
· Mental Health Awareness – Monday 9 November, 9.30am -12pm at Park Road Centre
Raise awareness of mental health problems in children and young
people, and the support available.
· Positive Communications – Wednesday 18 November, 9:30am – 12pm at Park Road Centre
Learn more about assertiveness to help you gain co-operation and
improve relationships with others.
· Emergency First Aid at Work – Friday 20 November, 9:30am – 4:30pm at Park Road Centre
Be prepared and get qualified! Gain both skills and a
qualification. Includes practical assessment.
· First Aid Awareness – Friday 20 November, 9:30am – 12pm at Park
Gain a basic awareness of first aid, includes action in an
emergency, CPR and treating an unconscious patient.
· Promoting Your Group – Tuesday 24 November, 9:30am -12pm at Park Farm Centre
Low cost ways to promote your community group/ organisation.
· Christmas Creativity Ideas – Monday 30 November, 9:30 -12pm at
Park Road Centre.
Learn new activities to share with your groups.
Places can be booked online by visiting
Or you can request a form by contacting Andrea Forsyth on 01744 677596
For more information, please visit http://www.sthelens.gov.uk/