As part of St Helens Council’s Partnership Funeral Service, anyone
arranging the funeral service of a loved one who was a resident of the
borough can now benefit from an improved service by four local,
well-established and reputable Funeral Directors.
Prices start from £1,397 – £1,775 based on a cremation or burial in an
existing grave and this cost is available to all residents of the borough
and not related in any way to your income.
Houghtons Funeral Service, Co-operative Funeral Care, Haydock Funeral
Service Ltd and Kane Funeral Service will provide a cremation at St Helens Crematorium or burials at St Helens or Newton Cemeteries – arranged to the same high standard of any other funeral arranged by the company of choice.
• Collection of the deceased within the borough’s boundaries (during
• Provision of the Chapel of Rest (during business hours).
• All arrangements for a dignified funeral at the Crematorium or Cemetery.
• Suitable coffin with appropriate fittings.
• Motor-hearse and one following limousine.
• Crematorium/Cemetery charges at St Helens Crematorium or St
Helens/Newton-Le-Willows Council Cemeteries.
• Medical referee fee.
• Clergy/Officiate and all medical fees.
Burials and Services in a private churchyard or additional services are
also available, although additional fees will apply.
St Helens Council’s Cabinet Member for Green, Smart and Sustainable
Borough, Councillor Seve Gomez-Aspron, said: “It’s great to see so many
well respected funeral directors supporting the Partnership Funeral Service and giving residents of the borough, regardless of their financial
situation, the funeral they deserve.
“We have produced a helpful leaflet that can be picked up from both
cemeteries and most public buildings to help people make arrangements in
“I’m confident this will go from strength to strength and we will see more
and people using this service.
If you wish to take advantage of this service, please call the Funeral
Director of your choice on the numbers below at any time. They all offer a
24-hour service and quote the partnership funeral service arrangement.
· Houghtons Funeral Service, 4 Station Road, Great Sankey, Warrington WA5 1RQ. Tel: 01925 729998
· Houghtons Funeral Service, 216 Lovely Lane, Warrington WA5 1QF.Tel: 01925 245555
· Co-operative Funeral Care, 3-5 Eccleston Street, St. Helens WA10 2PF. Tel: 01744 23675
· Co-operative Funeral Care, 238 Crow Lane East, Newton-Le-Willows WA12 9UA. Tel: 01925 226257
· Haydock Funeral Service Ltd, Coniston House, 315-317 Clipsley Lane, Haydock, St. Helens WA11 0SG. Tel: 01744 606200
· Kane Funeral Service, 23 Peckers Hill Road, Sutton, St Helens, WA9
5LQ. Tel: 01744 302858
For further information or advice concerning any aspects not included in
the Partnership Service, please contact a member of the Bereavement
Services Team by calling 01744 677406/7 – Monday-Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm, Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm, or visit our website